Thursday 7 December 2017

Eastern milk snake cane



I've already made a few snakes, as a necklaces - RattlesnakePythoneBlunted blue tree snake and Eastern milk snake as an order. Beads are such a suitable material for this type of animal.
This one was a totally new project for me, the most challenging and life-consuming. I was bearing the idea of how to for a long time, tried many bead-weaving variations, and finally chose the most time occupying 😊. The snake was really hard to cope - capricious and wayward. But I made it! After months of thinking, almost 50 hours of practical weaving, over 8500 best quality Myuiki delica beads were arranged in a way they took shape of a cute smiling snake.








4 comments:

  1. What a fantastic, great idea! I like the design very much.
    Would you perhaps tell me, how you have get the beaded work to the crutch?
    Thank you very much.
    Best regards
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nicole,
      I made parts with peyote stitch and weaved them round the cane and between each other. I hope it helps.
      Anna

      Delete
    2. Thank you very much, Anna. :-)
      Yes, it help's. Now, I have an idea, how something can work. It's realy a great work!!!
      Nicole

      Delete